|Course Code||FR2||Unit Standard||12484||Course Title||Perform basic fire fighting (Advanced Fire Fighting)|
|Duration||1 Day||Delivery Method||Contact|
|See Booking form||Includes||Learner Workbooks, pens, practicals, assessment, Certificate (on successful completion)|
|Intended for||Safety Officers, appointed fire wardens/marshals, all fire team members and as part of a qualification. This unit standard has been
designed as part of a progression. It is one of a series of unit standards for safety, health and environmental protection.
Qualifying learners can select and use the appropriate fire fighting equipment to extinguish or control fires in the workplace. On successful
completion, candidates can lead a fire team.
The course covers
1. Discuss and explain procedures for dealing with fires in the workplace
2. Identify the type of fire, its context and select the appropriate fire fighting procedure
3. Identify, select and check appropriate fire fighting and safety equipment
4. Fight containable/extinguishable fires
5. Retreat from fire site and hand over to appropriate personnel