|Course Code||HS 6||Unit Standard||120330||Course Title||Conduct a continuous risk assessment in a workplace (Risk Assessment)|
|Duration||1 day||Delivery Method||Notional Hours: 12 Hours & 28 hours Workplace Assignment portfolio.|
|Per the booking Form||Includes||Learner Workbooks, pens, practicals, assessment, Certificate (on successful completion)|
|Intended for||Managers, Supervisors and Safety Officers, SHE representatives and as part of a qualification. This unit standard has been designed as part of a progression. It is one of a series of unit standards for safety, health and environmental protection.|
Persons credited with this unit standard will be able to:
· Prepare to conduct a continuous risk assessment.
· Conduct a continuous risk assessment.
· Initiate remedial action and follow up on Continuous Risk Assessment.
The course covers assessment in accordance with specified requirements and consequences to health and safety.
· Codes of practice
· Standards task procedures
· Risk Assessments procedures
· Occupational Health and Safety Risk Management Programme
· Managerial Instructions
· Mine Standard Procedures
· List of Recorded OH&S Risks
· Working Guides / Permits
· Equipment and Materials Specifications
Specified requirements include current legal and site-specific requirements and are contained in one or more of the following documents:
· Occupational Health and Safety Act
· Chief Inspector of Mines’ Directives
Documentation includes, but is not limited to:
· Pre use checklists
· Planned task observations forms
· Critical parts inspection form
· Structured inspection checklists
· Mine Standards
· Task directives
Explain the legal and specified requirements for conducting continuous risk assessments.
Prepare to conduct a continuous risk assessment
Conduct a continuous risk assessment
Initiate remedial action and follow up on Continuous Risk Assessment.