|Course Code||SDP1||Unit Standard||117871||Course Title||Facilitate learning using a variety of given methodologies.|
|Duration||5 Days||Delivery Method||Notional Hours:- 4 Days Theory + 1 Day POE building assistance|
|Per the Booking Form||Includes||Learner Workbooks, pens, practical’s, assessment, Certificate (on successful completion)|
|Intended for||This qualification is suitable to a variety of candidates from any industry for a number of different applications. Some of the popular applications include but are not limited to:
1.1) Anyone who wants to learn how to prepare for and conduct training in the workplace or in any other setting.
1.2) Candidates who wish to use their primary qualification (current skills discipline) to further develop their career
The topics covered in the programme are:
· Introduction and background to the NQF and outcomes-based education (OBE).
· Understanding skills directed learning and the retention of knowledge.
· Conducting a needs analysis and preparing for training (with emphasis on implementing this in the
· The structure of a training session.
· Effective training techniques and methods.
· Group management with emphasis on the workplace.
· Managing and maximising on the diversity within groups.
· Creating a conducive learning environment and using visual aids effectively.
· Evaluating training outcomes.
· Self-management (including a special section on stress management).
The course is presented over 4 week days, Monday to Thursday. 3 days are dedicated to the theory component of the programme and the 4th day is for assistance in compiling the portfolio of evidence (PoE.) in readiness for assessment. The assessment is carried out on the fifth day during the POE building.
Evidence for the assessment is gathered in 2 ways. The candidate will be required to complete a lesson/training plan and present to a small class group for the practical component. The theory component is covered by knowledge questions and activities in the PoE.